Friday, July 13, 2012

Life after chocolate...

You know those cute mugs, t-shirts, etc. that say, "Is there life after chocolate?"  Well, I'm about to find out.  My lovely migraines have increased in both occurrence and severity to the point that I'm going to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get a handle on them, including the "migraine diet" from David Buchholz, M.D.'s book, Heal Your Headache.  This includes eliminating certain foods for 4 months, including chocolate, nuts, bananas, citrus fruits & juices, MSG(in all it's tricky forms), processed meats, aged cheeses, onions, yogurt, and fresh baked goods made with yeast.  Oh, wait, I forgot the alcohol, even the migraine-friendly vodka.  In addition to this list, there is the permanent cessation of caffeine consumption.  I'd tried to modify that last one by switching from regular coffee to decaf and having some iced green tea, but that's not really working.  Oh, and I'm supposed to pitch my caffeinated OTC migraine drugs.
Let my life without chocolate(coffee, cheese, nuts & other yummies) commence!
On the up side, I get to keep my garlic!

1 comment:

Rodabaugh Family said...

Poor Suz...Ben will eat your share of chocolate. He just brought me a knife with the can of frosting.