Sunday, July 15, 2012

Homily(not mine, don't run away)

Every now and then I hear something at Mass that seems to be aimed at me like an arrow(and often as painful).  Today's wasn't painful, but it was good for my whole family to hear.  Our pastor reminded us that each one of us has a mission from God for our lives.  EVERYONE.  No exceptions.  As another priest I heard once put it, "There are no 'extra' people."  Don't know what your purpose is?  If you ask Him, He will tell you(or show you, whichever will make the bigger impression).  The cool part is that God won't force your mission on you, it's always like Mission Impossible(TV): "Your mission, if you choose to accept it..."  We get to CHOOSE!
The bummer is that when it gets hard, we have to remember that we chose and therefore:  NO WHINING(ouch).

1 comment:

debbie said...

So true! I tend to find those moments in reading In Conversation with God. God has really been telling me what I need to work on these past few months, yet then I realized one day, I already knew all of those things, I just didn't really want to face them and fix them yet! Mary, help us continue to strive to get up again and start over each time we fall! (without complaining :))