Wednesday, March 22, 2006

That's where she gets it!

I have this funny story about Katie when from when she was four, I think. Anyway, we were at a friend's house for this little co-op preschool. It was Lent and my friend, Cathy, was telling the kids about the Crucifixion. When she got to the part about the two thieves crucified with Jesus and how "the good thief" believed in Jesus, Katie (who was full of questions) interrupted and asked, "What did the good thief steal?" I've always scratched my head and wondered, who asks that? Now, I know. I was just telling my mother-in-law(Barbara) that Katie is reading about Betsy Ross. Barbara told me that when Clint was about three, his grandfather asked him if he knew what Betsy Ross did. Clint didn't, so his grandfather said, "Well, she made the first American flag." Clint looked at him and asked, "But who made the last one?"
Mystery solved.

Suz

No comments: