Sunday, February 05, 2012

Life Skills

A couple days this school year, I have cancelled our academic studies in favor of a "Life Skills" day.  It's pretty much what it sounds like, housework class.  Tomorrow, instead of having an entire day for Life Skills, we're going to have a one hour class in the kids' bathroom.

It's so gross, I skipped Gabe's bath just so I wouldn't have to enter it.  Since any of my extended family members will tell you that I'm not exactly the Queen of Clean, you KNOW it's bad if I won't go into it.
And, it's not just the boys making things icky.

So, I'm going to make all of them watch, work, and take notes while I teach them how to REALLY clean a bathroom.  Except Gabe, because you have to be a thorough hand washer before I'll let you clean a toilet.
I'm off to gather my supplies and place them in the hall so no one forgets like they do with piano practice. Maybe there will be photos tomorrow.

No comments: