Saturday, December 24, 2011

Overheard in my kitchen...

Gabe walked into the kitchen yesterday while I was fixing breakfast.
Gabe: Mommy, do you want to shoot the possum?
Me: Why, yes, Gabe, I do want to shoot it.
Gabe: I have some yellow BBs for you, Mommy, so you can shoot the possum.
Me: Where did you get them?(thinking he swiped them from Clint's dresser)
Gabe: At the store with the fish on the wall.(then he starts walking away)
Me: Where are you going, Gabe?
Gabe: To get the yellow BB's for you. Come on, Mommy.(then, he leads me to the tree, and I start cracking up. He hands me a bag, and the older boys run in, yelling GABE! NO!)
Clint: Next time, Gabe is going Christmas shopping with the GIRLS.

So, am I getting a gun, too?
P.S. My neighbor who is a hunter has informed me that our airsoft gun will only make the opossum laugh at me, so I need to explore my options.

No comments: