Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Over my head

I am an optimist.  That's just the way God made me, and I often consider it a gift.
Not tonight.
The problem with being an optimist is the belief that you really can do that huge job in a minuscule amount of time.  I frequently bite off more than I can chew.  "Frequently" is actually an improvement for me, because it used to be "perpetually,"  but I'm not even close to my goal of "rarely."
Anyway, I've been doing many of the small but important things that need to be done for our blessedly short camping trip tomorrow, but I have most of the big things still to do.  I MUST do them ALL tomorrow, and I will have to do them with the the help of a three-year-old.  All week this hasn't bothered me at all because I've been thinking about all the time I'm going to have on Wednesday while the two older boys are at robotics.  Leaving me to complete my rather long checklist with no one because Katie could watch Gabe.  Except that Katie's not here.  Did I forget that Katie was going to be gone, or did I just block it out?
I may have to get those older boys up early.

No comments: