Sunday, November 14, 2010

What happened to 2008-2009?

Maybe you've noticed that there is only one post in 2008 and NONE for 2009. Let me explain. In 2008, at the ripe old age of not-quite-forty, we conceived Gabe(the little guy in the picture). We had pretty much surrendered to the idea that three kids were it for us, but God, with the assistance of a great doctor, had other plans. So, most of 2008 I was nauseous or exhausted, and not up to blogging because pregnancy had become very scary to me due to our losses in this area. So, after teaching my kids less than I should have and taking a nap and choking down a little food, I was done.
In 2009, Gabe was born. That's enough to keep anyone busy, but my busy-ness didn't agree with Gabe, so he was diagnosed as "failure to thrive" and caring for him became an all-consuming job. After we got him back on the road to healthy & thriving, it was time to begin school and start planning on how we would manage to sell our house, as we'd outgrown it. That and the holidays polished the year off for us, and here we are. All the kids are fine, and we've just celebrated 5 months in our new home.
I know a lot more happened in those years, but that's all I can write for now.

No comments: